Day 2 of the July Challenge (morning of Day 4 – I’m catching up!):
If you could offer any advice to a newborn, what would it be?
Sleep when your mother sleeps. Hahahaha!
I choose to answer this question in the form of songs I’ve picked for my three babies …
“Little darling, it’s been a long, cold, lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it’s been here …
Here comes the sun … here comes the sun! and I say,
It’s all right …”
Here Comes the Sun, The Beatles
“Open up your plans and [then] you’re free,
Look into your heart and you’ll find
The sky is yours …”
I’m Yours, Jason Mraz
“And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain
From carrying the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it’s the fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.”
Hey, Jude, The Beatles (of course)
Challenge for Day 1! (On the evening of Day 3. Oops.)
Goals for the month:
- Start running/exercising again. The humidity was low by Houston standards last night (45% instead of 90%) and Jude wouldn’t go down at his normal bedtime. I took out the single jogger, popped him in (still in his jammies), and went for a wog … also known as the walk/jog. I will never be a fast runner, and I probably won’t even be a good one, but I enjoy it more than I thought I would. We did 2 miles last night, and I’m really looking forward to doing it again. I just need to remember to add in other exercise and stretching (yoga!) … in all that free time I have.
- Put down the phone/iPad/etc. and focus on being in the moment with my family. Capturing every cute moment on Instagram doesn’t do me any good if I’m not participating in it. I love being connected and taking all my pictures and I love my stupid little games on the phone, but I love real people more.
- Pray more. Informally, as people come to my mind, I need to pray more for them.
- Remember that while my job may be our primary income, it is not my primary priority. Look for ways to support my husband and be present more for my kids.
- Have fun. I feel like I’ve been so stressed and tightly wound for at least the last year … I want to just ENJOY MYSELF!
That one wasn’t too bad …
My sister-in-law posted this July blog challenge. Since I am pretty blog-challenged, I thought I might try it and see if I can get into a habit of posting again. I recommend you don’t place any major bets, since I’m already two days behind.
Time to start thinking about Nora’s 3rd birthday … and all the fun that goes with it! Some of the random thoughts so far:
Fairy dress-up (find cheap formals at Goodwill or fancy fabric at fabric stores)
Presents that she’s requested or we’ve thought about:
Pink Legos (her request)
Hello Kitty watch (already have this … mwa ha ha)
Take her to Charming Charlie and
watch her head explode let her pick out 1-2 things