Challenge for Day 1! (On the evening of Day 3. Oops.)
Goals for the month:
- Start running/exercising again. The humidity was low by Houston standards last night (45% instead of 90%) and Jude wouldn’t go down at his normal bedtime. I took out the single jogger, popped him in (still in his jammies), and went for a wog … also known as the walk/jog. I will never be a fast runner, and I probably won’t even be a good one, but I enjoy it more than I thought I would. We did 2 miles last night, and I’m really looking forward to doing it again. I just need to remember to add in other exercise and stretching (yoga!) … in all that free time I have.
- Put down the phone/iPad/etc. and focus on being in the moment with my family. Capturing every cute moment on Instagram doesn’t do me any good if I’m not participating in it. I love being connected and taking all my pictures and I love my stupid little games on the phone, but I love real people more.
- Pray more. Informally, as people come to my mind, I need to pray more for them.
- Remember that while my job may be our primary income, it is not my primary priority. Look for ways to support my husband and be present more for my kids.
- Have fun. I feel like I’ve been so stressed and tightly wound for at least the last year … I want to just ENJOY MYSELF!
That one wasn’t too bad …