My variation on the Indian classic murgh makani or butter chicken.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
- 4 tablespoons butter divided in 2T units
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- .5 can tomato sauce
- 1 can coconut milk (can use light)
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Add garam masala, curry powder, and garlic. Cook briefly, allowing the spices to sizzle and begin releasing their flavor. Reduce heat if necessary to keep garlic from browning.
- 3. Add additional butter and melt. Add chicken; cook until done, stirring frequently.
- 4. Reduce heat to low. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir and heat until simmering.
- 5. Add coconut milk slowly, whisking into chicken mixture.
- 6. Bring to a simmer, keep at a low simmer until ready to eat. Add additional seasoning (garam masala and curry powder) if desired.
- Serve over jasmine or basmati rice.