October 1 – the beginning of a new fiscal year and new possibilities for federal employees.
Or, you know, an opportunity to go without a paycheck until Congress comes together and finds a solution for funding federal agencies.
So since I can’t go to work tomorrow (and for who knows how long after that), I need a list of things I’ve been meaning to do. Hopefully most of them don’t require money …
Take comforters to the dry cleaner
- Paint the kids’ bathroom
Start painting the living room, entry way, and hallway Unpack and sort box stuff in dining room
- Same for the office
- Oh wait, for our bedroom too
- Find or buy those little thingies that hold wire shelving units together
- Move desk from playroom to bedroom … I think it’ll become a craft table for ME
- Sand and paint the dresser in our room
- Go crazy painting Jude’s room with wall decoration. Why not? I’ve got time.
Knit or crochetto my heart’s content and the aching of my hands. School pick-ups and drop-offs — hurray! I guess I should clean the house. And make dinners.
- Break out the sewing machine and learn to quilt?
Run at a time other than 5:30 or 6 am Yoga. I need some meditation and relaxation. Bible study. Did it really take me this long in the list to think of it? Maybe I should move that up … Put (temporary) purple streaks in my hair
- Use up all the craft supplies I have stashed in a bin in the office
- Teach Seth to tie his shoes
- Teach Nora to put on mascara
- Teach Jude to sign “Feed Me”
Get pumpkins to decorate Decorate pumpkins Run a race
- Thank you notes for my Homes For Our Troops WDW 10K supporters!